House rules go in this section. Rules are subject to change and whatnot.
- Wildshape is not so clearly cheese. Desert animals suck, don’t be a druid. Or be one. But know that your wildshape choices are under my control.
- Gnomes suck, don’t be one. They don’t, and have never existed in Ashen Sands.
- Sorcerers don’t have to use material components and get bonus feats like a Wizard. At first level a Sorcerer gets one bonus metamagic feat so long as that feat does not adjust the spell level by greater than 1 and that the Sorcerer otherwise qualifies for the feat.
- Losing a familiar does not carry the one year downtime before a new one can be obtained. The other penalties are subject to adjustment.
- In many games food and water don’t matter. You’ll be in a desert, Water matters and I expect you to keep track of it. Try to have enough that you won’t die of thirst if your divine caster is unable to Create Water for you.
- Some skills have been combined, let me know if you have any questions about synergy.
- A lock is a device. Use your Disable Device modifier for opening locks.
- Balance and Tumble are the same skill, call it Acrobatics
- Climb and Jump are the same skill, call it Athletics (your size modifier applies still!)
- Spot and Listen are the same skill, call it Perception
- Hide and Move Silently are the same skill, call it Stealth (your size modifier applies still!)
- Racial Favored Classes are BS, just don’t do stupid stuff with multiclassing ok?
- Just to be clear on this; Layered defenses apply in the say most advantageous for the targeted creature. For example, a wizard with Fire Shield(Fire) and Resist Energy(Fire 10) hit with a Scorching Ray would first halve the damage because the Fire Shield and then subtract 10 from the remaining damage because of the Resist Energy.
- Play nice with the other PCs.
Character GenerationUse Point Buy with 32 Points
Lowering a stat beneath 8 grants 1/3 of a stat point per point lowered. Apply Racial Ability Mods after points have been bought.